Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lovely

I love you so much. You are such a joy, but I'd love you even if you weren't. You're gorgeous, but I suppose I'd love you if you had the face of a sea cow. You're a hoot to play with, but I suppose I could do without that even.

I just hope you grow up knowing what a pleasure you are to me. I love hearing your lovely little songs. Your giggle is truly intoxicating. I love the look of concentration you get sometimes. I love to hold you, it's like holding a bird, only better because birds don't hug you back. I love your precious curls and your beautiful eyes.

Sometimes you crawl into bed with me, get under the covers, and then sigh with the most supreme air of satisfaction. Other times you see something neat and you run through the house saying "MOM! MOM! MOM!". I can't tell you how it melts my heart to hear you finally say Mom.

When it's time to go to bed you say "Eye?" because you want me to draw a kitty cat on your back, and instead of saying "cat" you name the part I draw that's the easiest for you to say.

I am so glad I had you. Deeply, truly happy you're my little girl.

Love you,
Mom