Friday, May 30, 2008

Fireworks

You saw fireworks for the first time today. I was worried it would be too much for you- loud things have always frightened you- but I thought we'd give it a try.

When the first one went off you were so surprised. When people began to make noises you got worried. When you realized they were laughing you laughed too. Then the loud took over and you cried. And you cried till the next one went off, but it was so pretty you said "Yay!". What worked best was for me to lie on the ground so you could rest one ear on my chest while I covered the other ear with my hand. Then you'd look up at the sky and it was ok.

I bought a hideously expensive balloon that came with a flashing light inside, and this you loved unequivocally. "Lello!! Lello!" And you'd bat at it and laugh when it batted you back.

So glad you had a good time,
Mom