Sunday, October 22, 2006

Torticollis

This week has been about your lovely little bobble head. For most of your life your Daddy and I have been thinking it rested less than squarely on your shoulders. We did mention this to your Dr, but he said to wait aand see if it would get better. It got better, but it didn't go away. I did some reading on the internet last week and discovered that you should be getting physical therapy and he should have diagnosed the cause.

So.

I took you back to the Dr and got him to agree that it would be ok if you went to therapy.

We'll be finding another Dr.

I should have done the research when I first noticed it, but I trusted him to tell me if it was a big deal. It's not a BIG deal, but attention should have been paid that wasn't. The good news is that this will be resolved before you're old enough to notice. You'll read about my maternal guilt and wonder what the hubbub was about.

It's about how much I love you, and how precious you are to me, and how devastated I am that I could cause you even the tiniest it of harm by my inaction. One day maybe you'll have a baby, and then you'll know for yourself.

I love you and your crooked head,
Mom